No upcoming events
Call (440) 835-0104 for reservations
PEPtime!Thursday, June 27 9 6-8:00 pm
Body Fat Test and Getting Off Sugar
- "Body Fat Testing/Real Biological Age Testing" followed by "Getting off and staying off added refined sugars."
Reservations Requested: (440) 835-0104
Preventive Medicine Group Patient Education Program (PEP) is here to provide information and support to implement dietary and lifestyle recommendations for you and yours! You bring questions and concerns and our patient education counselor provides help and support!
In the latest issue of WHATSUPP:
- Feed Your Skin Starve Your Wrinkles - book of the month
- Another reason to donate blood regularly
- Smile for health (and the health of others!)
- Learn how to prepar and eat artichokes
- Ongoing pain in neck or shoulder?
- Breast Thermology - a valuable tool for breast cancer prevention
In the latest issue of the Apple Press:
- Eating for Acid/Alkaline
- Recipe for Majorcan Vegetable Stew
- Book recommendations
- Green Smoothies
"GOOD HEALTH THROUGH QUALITY LABORATORY TESTING"
The King James Medical Laboratory, Inc. pledges to provide its clients with clinical laboratory analyses that meet the highest standards of quality and accuracy using state-of-the-art methodology, thereby providing the most trusted results available.
The King James Medical Laboratory, Inc. is a full service clinical reference laboratory which serves the general public and the medical community with quality evaluations of patient specimens. The laboratory features the quantitative trace metal analysis of OMEGATECH®, historically known around the world as a leader in the evaluation of trace metals in human specimens.
The King James Medical Laboratory, Inc. also provides services to clients in many countries throughout the world. We do this by offering the service requisitions, reports of results and other information in several languages. These documents are available in the following languages:
English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German and Japanese.
Other languages can be supplied on request
The New England Journal of Medicine states:
"Eat Right and take a Multivitamin 1"
Did you know that the presence of elevated serum homocysteine has recently been shown to be another independent risk factor for Coronary Heart Disease2 (CHD)? This risk is equal in magnitude to the level of risk associated with either cigarette smoking or elevated serum cholesterol. Routine CHD risk assessment should now include the evaluation of serum homocysteine.
Have your physician contact the King James Medical Laboratory or call (800) 437-1404 to arrange for this test.
Elevated serum homocysteine has been shown to be correctable by increasing the folate and B12 consumed3,4. This has resulted in the establishment of new dietary guidelines as recommended by the National Academy of Science which call for 400 to 600 mg of Folate above that consumed in the diet5.
You can be sure to get all of your optimal health assessment needs that you and your physician require from the King James Medical Laboratory.
1. Oakley, GP, (Editorial) "Eat Right and Take a Multivitamin" New England J Medicine, Volume 338(9 April, 1998).
2. Welch, GN & Loscalzo, J, Homocysteine and Atherothrombosis, New England J Medicine 338:1042-1050 (1998).
3. Rim E.B. et al., Folate and Vitamin B6 from Diet and Supplements in Relation to Risk of Coronary Heart Disease among Women, J Amer. Med. Assoc. 279:359-364 (1998).
4. Omenn, GS et al., Preventing Coronary Heart Disease: B Vitamins and Homocysteine, Circulation 97:421-424 (1998).
5. "Adults need to increase intake of folate; some women should take more." Press Release of: National Academy of Sciences April 7, 1998. (see Internet: www2.nas.edu).